Gamification is all around us. And this comes at no surprise. Simply because it is fun, challenging, and most importantly – it drives customer engagement.
According to Gartner, by 2015 50% of businesses will have gamified some part of their processes. When it comes to loyalty programs, gamification is on the rise too. Businesses can choose from a wide range of game mechanics, depending on their specific business goals.
Here are just a few examples:
- Points – this is one of the most common gamification techniques, used to reward customers for their achievements and keep them motivated to proceed to a higher level and/or reward. You can organize your loyalty program as a multi-tiered system, driving customers to display certain behaviour and bring more value in order to move up in the system.
- Badges – another powerful tool for engaging customers. Badges are among the most visible elements of gamification, and can be used to drive behavioral change, convey progress, and even greet customers by surprise and provide special offers.
- Virtual Currency – can be earned by completing certain actions, bought for real money, or given away for free. In most cases, virtual currencies get redeemed for real money, e-vouchers, gift cards, and other types of rewards.
- Challenges – these can range from simple to very complex and often involve group activities and team play. The good thing about them is that they never last too long to become boring, yet they allow customers to enjoy their victory over the game.
- Leaderboards – they rank users according to their activities and achievements and thus motivate them to become more active. They are valued by customers because the demonstrate status, along with loyalty points and badges.
The benefits of gamification are numerous – they create loyalty and engagement, provide businesses with more influence over consumer actions, help businesses go viral, and generate high amounts of user generated content.
So why wait anymore? Sign up for Loyax and gamify your customers’ experience! We promise you won’t regret it!